From: 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Sun, Oct 16, 2016 10:19 am
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bilge / Sump pump

Pat,

This is the pump: http://www.reya.com/prod_-POMPE-MARINA-ZZ-24V-1800L-H_Pompes-a-membranes-REYA_000178219832156_206136.html

It is not cheap and the previous owner probably picked Jabsco over paying about 600++ Euros for the "Marina Pump." However, the  Reya/AMFA Marina Pump is far superior.

When most any lift pump stops working, it is because of an air leak that causes loss of prime and loss of vacuum while pumping. The most common missed item is a hardening of the hose which causes air leaking at the pump side and liquid leaking at the lift side...be sure to have double clamps and silicone grease in the junction. But, air leaks can also happen internally with the flapper valves, diaphragm and pump case.

I have two of these  Reya/AMFA Marina Pumps...one installed and one ready replacement. Possibly some other owner has a  Reya/AMFA Marina Pump that they will sell to you.

Of course, there is always Jabsco.

Bill
BeBe, 387

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good morning Pat,

My Super Maramu 2000 came with the AMFA Marina ZZ bilge pump.
http://nikimat.com/bilge_pump_electric_amfa_marina_zz.html

But if I were you, I would put what Francisco and Oddette put on Peregrinus, which is the “AMFA/TF pump version 2”.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bilge / Sump pump
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 8:44 AM

I have a Jabsco sump pump and have
found it unreliable . The motor works fine , I have replaced
everything and it still fails to pump water from the bilge
every time. I have replaced the joker and flap valves and I
have a check valve , but I think over time the pump slowly
loses its prime and becomes air bound , when not used for
some time. I have thought about buying a new one and hope
it works better . I have looked everywhere and cannot find
it . I assume all SMs have the same pump , can someone tell
me where I can purchase a new one. Has anyone replaced it
with something more reliable
?Thanks,Pat SM