Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] 30 Amp 125 volt shore power to 50 Amp 125/250 Volt plug?

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Alex, No, that will not help.

Without knowing what transformer you have and how it was wired...and if that wiring has changed, none of us can give you much input.

I suggest that before you arrive at a marina that only has 110VAC available, that you consult with an electrician and have him inspect what you have.

BTW, I was never in a marina that had only 110VAC 60htz available...they all had 110VAC and 220VAC 60 htz.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 10:10 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good morning,

The next marina I am going to is likely to only have 30 Amp 125 Volt.
Since I have never used my big transformer on the boat, I am not sure it works, so trying to cover options.

I need 220 volt.
I am very ignorant when it comes to electricity…

Would the following product be ok?
http://www.go2marine.com/product/389365F/pigtail-shore-power-adapter-30a-125v-male-to-50a-125-250v-female.html
Or is there a problem with the phases or something else…

I am not concerned with the Amp, but the voltage…

Thanks in advance!
Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico