From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 7:06 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Windlass bolt to deck

Hello Mike,

As you might have seen on my Windlass overhaul illustration, I have tools for broken bolt, screw, etc. This is a good idea to have on board…
I actually just purchase more…
If you had access to a Irwin Hanson Bolt Extractor (Set 54009) that cost $65 that would be good for this project and the future…
http://www.irwin.com/tools/browse/screw-bolt-extractors/bolt-extractors
I also recently purchase the Irwin Hanson 11135 crew extractor… but they seem to have a new 48 pieces
http://www.irwin.com/tools/screw-bolt-extractors/48pc-master-extraction-set

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico

To: "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: Monday, October 17, 2016, 1:17 PM

Hi
again,whatever
you do have a nut on top. Then it cant happen again. I
drilled up from the bottom, there was too much bolt to go
through from the top. This bolt is the critical one. Being
through a plate attached to the hawse pipe it gives the
strength to the attachment. Otherwise it is only the deck
holding the winch and there would be considerable flexing
under load leading to deck failure.CheersDanny

From:
"sangaris@... [amelyachtowners]"
<amelyachtowners@...>