From: "rossidesigngroup@... [amelyachtowners]"
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Wednesday, 19 October 2016 10:17 PM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: flexible rubber coupling

I have heard that the 4 bolts that essentially clamp the Vetus flexible coupling together--between the flange coming out of the transmission and the flange on the shaft of the C drive--should not be tightened too much.  It has even been posted that tightening them too much will cause failure of the bolts.   Is there a rule of thumb for how tight they should be?  Should the entire bolt and nut rotate by hand?  Should there be slack?  Should they be tightened firmly.  I can't seem to find that on the site or in the Vetus literature.

Bob
KAIMI SM 429