companionway door slot & hurricane Matthew

Duane Siegfri

After hurricane Mathew we noticed that the companionway door slot had a substantial amount of water in it.  I poked around with a wire and was unable to find a drain hole.  Can someone tell me where the drain is?  (Port, STBD, or in the middle?)

This might answer why I have wet sound insulation on the engine room FWD bulkhead, seemingly all the time.  I thought I had found the reason when we noticed the dishwasher (which we never use) had sinkwater backed up into it.  We eliminated the dishwasher.

If there is another reason for the wet sound insulation, please educate me!

Thanks,
Duane
Wanderer, SM#477