From: Ian Park parkianj@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners Sent: Thu, Oct 20, 2016 4:01 am
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Instal AC / Genset on Santorin

Trevor
No AC but I did consider the genset. In the end the cost and upkeep put me off. I bought a 2000 watt petrol generator instead. It runs the mains battery charger if I need it and any mains voltage I require. The prop alternator and solar panels keeps things going well enough. My reasoning was that I could buy 5 petrol generators for the price of a diesel installation. I can also use it hauled out as it isn't seawater cooled.
However if you do install AC then I would think a genset is a must.
Ian
Ocean Hobo SN96