Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Instal AC / Genset on Santorin

Jean-Pierre Germain <jgermain@...>

Hello James,

I had a Honda 2000 on my last boat. It is not rated at 2 KW but at about 1.6 KW.

The 1000 is also well under the 1 KW mark.

GL

On 20 Oct 2016, at 17:02, lokiyawl2@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Ian,

   I am curious about how the prop alternator has worked out for you.   Would you have any rough data on how many amp hours per day you can get on a Trade Winds passage?

   I would not want to add the complexity of a genset and built in A/C to my Maramu either.  I am considering a Honda 1000 petrol portable genset as a back up to the solar.

Best,

James Alton
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220
Sardinia,  Italy