Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Instal AC / Genset on Santorin

Jean-Pierre Germain <jgermain@...>

Hello James,

I had a Honda 2000 on my last boat. It is not rated at 2 KW but at about 1.6 KW. 

The 1000 is also well under the 1 KW mark.

GL

On 20 Oct 2016, at 17:02, lokiyawl2@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Ian,

I am curious about how the prop alternator has worked out for you.   Would you have any rough data on how many amp hours per day you can get on a Trade Winds passage?

I would not want to add the complexity of a genset and built in A/C to my Maramu either.  I am considering a Honda 1000 petrol portable genset as a back up to the solar.

Best,

James Alton
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220
Sardinia,  Italy

---- Original Message ----
From: Ian Park parkianj@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Thu, Oct 20, 2016 4:01 am
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Instal AC / Genset on Santorin

Trevor
No AC but I did consider the genset. In the end the cost and upkeep put me off. I bought a 2000 watt petrol generator instead. It runs the mains battery charger if I need it and any mains voltage I require. The prop alternator and solar panels keeps things going well enough. My reasoning was that I could buy 5 petrol generators for the price of a diesel installation. I can also use it hauled out as it isn't seawater cooled.
However if you do install AC then I would think a genset is a must.
Ian
Ocean Hobo SN96

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.