From: "mdondra@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Sunday, 23 October 2016 2:03 AM
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Windlass bolt to deck

Just about complete with the reinstallation of the windlass. Question on the last bolt that finishes into the glassed in plate at the hawse pipe. To avoid future difficulty extracting and to be assured that the bolt is well secured, I would like to drill through the bottom of the bolt hole and through-bolt with washer and nut exposed below in the bow locker like the other 3 bolts. Does anyone have ideas about why Amel did not through-bolt this last bolt in the first place? Anyone see a downside for this solution? We are always nervous about varying from what the Captain designed.
Mike Ondra
Aletes SM#240
Rock Hall, MD