Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bilge pump alarm

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Ofer,

When Amel joins hoses in the pressurized fresh water system, they use not only some sort of glue, but also 2 clamps. You may know why they do this now.

Regarding your gray water pump, I assume that you have the Reya/AMFA "Marina ZZ" Bilge pump.

If so, the most likely reasons for it not pumping are, in order, most likely, first:
  1. Air leaking on the suction side of the pump. If the hose is brittle and not flexible anymore replace it and use two hose clamps on each end
  2. Water leaking out at the Joker Valve at the foot. Remove the hose from the pump, fill the hose with water, if it leaks out, replace the Joker Valve at the foot..buy 2 or 3 of these and replace the one you have...store them inside of something ridged so that they do not get deformed.
  3. If the above are OK and you still have the problem, the pump needs a rebuilt kit consisting of a new diaphragm and two flapper valves...get the kit from Amel...there are copies being sold by others that are terrible, do not even try them!
  4.  The pump mechanical parts have failed. The most common part that fails is the white Delrin® gear (looks like Nylon). Get it from Amel.
CW Bill Rouse, Admiral Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Yacht BeBe
+1832-380-4970 Global VoiceMail

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 1:17 PM, ofer magen ofermagen@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi to all,

A year ago when I was in Gocek turkey, I asked a carbon filter to be installed. In August on the way from Cyprus to Finike, the new hose that was installed has failed and we lost all the water in our water tank,it was spayed in the engine room....
I fixed it and a day later it  happened again, and as our frigis are using fresh water instead of sea water, the pump was pumping air and died.
We decided to install an alarm on the bilge pump so we can hear evrytime it's working.
Now the bilge pump itself does not pump  and we knew it immediately and could pump manually, as the alarm didn't stop.
The pump is just pushing air out.
It looks like I have to replace the down hose and the valve in the small box in the bottom.
More ideas?

Thanks,

Ofer Magen
Alba Amel 54 #160