Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Forward bildge water

Roger Banks <roger.banks@...>

Hi Dave

I think I've reported before that I get water in the same place
forward, but it's from rainwater coming down the mast. I've tried all
sorts to stop it, so far without luck. You should find a trail of
water either from the bowthruster or down the mast compression post
(even perhaps behind the trim, which is nasty for rot).

Regards, Roger, Zorba, Mango 28

On 30/06/2007, at 4:05 PM, drdavegoodman wrote:

Hello all;
In the process of preparing to install an electric toilet in the
forward head, I checked the forward bildge next to the head where the
seawater intake thru hull is located. I found a small amount of water
(1-2 inches) in the bildge. I did some investigating on the owners
site and found the info below, Kimberit and others indicate the
likely source is the bowthruster needing seal replacement, and further
indicates this can be done in while in the water using "bowthruster
removal tools." The info I have on board about the bowthruster is
very sketchy. I have contacted Amel for a boat manual several days
ago but so far they have been unresponsive. Any further advice would
be appreciated.
Thanks
Dave

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, kimberlt <kimberlt@...> wrote:

The editor dropped the decimal point . my thruster takes 3/10 of
a liter
of oil.
Eric