Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Forward bilge water

drdavegoodman

Eric;
The water was not oily. The boat is a 1998 SM. Location is St.
Thomas, USVI. Since I have placed the securing pin in the
bowthruster, I've had no further water. However, I've not been out
sailing since I discovered the water. Next time I go sailing, I will
be using the bow thruster to exit and enter my dock area. After using
it, I will again secure it with the pin, and will be checking for
water in the forward bilge.
The previous owner performed the Amel recommended modification to
prevent the bowthruster from coming out of the boat, but to my
knowlege has never changed the bowthruster seals. The main engine has
about 900 hours, to give you an idea of how much its been used.
Dave

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, eric <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Dave,

Is the water oily that is in the bilge?

What is the year of your boat?

Is it a super Maramu?

The owners' manual will not help you to change the bow thruster seals.

Maybe I can help you.

where are you located?

Fair Winds,

Eric