Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] anchor chain wash

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello gang,

We took a different route; we simply connected the chain wash to the “fresh water system” and removed the “headache” pump altogether.

Effectively, the jet is not very powerful but if you raise the anchor in steps, the water flows over the chain.

Works for us.

Jean-Pierre,
SY Eleuthera, SM 007

On 4 Nov 2016, at 13:29, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Miles, I have to agree with Ian. I found the wash down ineffective , particularly in muddy conditions. Being in the Chesapeake our chain is always muddy.I used the original pump , in the port locker I installed a valve directing the water to a garden hose ,with a high pressure wand , it allows me to effectively wash off the mud before the chain comes onboard . I know your question was about gaining photos of the bow area. I have the same vintage SM as you, and my boat is out front on my mooring , as soon as it calms down a little, I will take several photos of the bow area and inside the locker . We have about 15kts. today probably by tomorrow it will calm down.
Pat
SM#123