Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow Thruster Housing

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

If I were you, I would go to a boatyard that not only has another Santorin (I assume you have a Santorin), but also a contractor capable of fabricating a replacement, or repairing what you have. Virtually anything made of fiberglass can be repaired or replaced.

I note that you did not sign your email, give your boat name, hull number and location. It is possible that another owner is near you and could help directly, but when you do not sign your postings, you will never know.

Bill
BeBe 387
Grenada, WI, Caribbean

On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 5:03 AM, santorinlo18@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi forum, Unfortunately in the last summer when sailed out of a congested harbour in Greece, my bow thruster housing, (the bottom part which is is used as cover aligned with the hull when bow thruster is up, just under the prop) was ripped off by a heavy chain of an anchor we have lifted and released. Currently, the bow thruster is functioning as the point of breaking is just under the shaft, but the in/out let hole in the hull is not covered when the bow thruster is in up position.

Amel has no drawings or measurements neither new piece for replacement or rebuild of the same.

Any Idea how to fix / rebuild this?

BTW - conclusion of this event - you can never be over careful when your bow thruster is down!!!