From: santorinlo18@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Sat, Nov 5, 2016 5:03 am
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow Thruster Housing

Hi forum, Unfortunately in the last summer when sailed out of a congested harbour in Greece, my bow thruster housing, (the bottom part which is is used as cover aligned with the hull when bow thruster is up, just under the prop) was ripped off by a heavy chain of an anchor we have lifted and released. Currently, the bow thruster is functioning as the point of breaking is just under the shaft, but the in/out let hole in the hull is not covered when the bow thruster is in up position.

Amel has no drawings or measurements neither new piece for replacement or rebuild of the same.

Any Idea how to fix / rebuild this?

BTW - conclusion of this event - you can never be over careful when your bow thruster is down!!!