From: "Santorin LO santorinlo18@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: 11-05-2016 12:45 PM (GMT-04:00)
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow Thruster Housing

Thanks Bill, Ric, James and Patric, for the valuable advice and picture (Ric).
My boat is Santorin and she is in Rhodes right now but planning to do this work in Marmaris exactly for the reason of more chances to find another Santorin there.

Regarding using the bow thruster, I would add to Bill's comments also -
1. before and while dropping dow the bow thruster - I will always check below for ropes or other floating hazards.
2. If possible, ideally alway s when operating the bow thruster a person at the bow looking down to make sure the bow thruster area is clear.

I found the bow thruster not only handy, but crucial for reversing as my boat will only go reverse and Portside no matter what my steering is. If anyone in the forum ever reversing without the bow thruster I would really like to know how could the boat be steered.

Have no prob to share more details with any of you on email to email basis.

Thanks, Ben