Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Mango Autopilot drive unit with Simrad AC42/NSS EVO12

Bill Kinney <greatketch@...>

I put a power resistor in the clutch circuit to drop 24v to 12v so I could run the raymarine clutch on 12v while running the motor on 24v.

On Nov 7, 2016, at 09:41, svperegrinus@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Brian, on Peregrinus, a B&G (Simrad) AC42 drives either of the Raymarine drives most of the time.  This setup is in place since 2013 and so far, so good.  Anyone with a 24V AC42, like ours, needs a DC-DC converter to 12V on the clutch output, as the Raymarine clutches are uniquely 12V even on the 24V drives.  This is probably a non-issue for you.

We do run the drives with the Raytheon T-300 computer via its ST7000+ keypad about once a week.

Cheerio,

SM2K Nr. 350
At anchor, Burano (Venice)