jib car track forward end

Mike Ondra

Due to a car failure we are replacing the Antal jib car. To slide the old car off and new car on we had to remove the forward termination block. This was secured by a 3 inch or so eye bolt. Unscrewing didn’t generate much progress, but with considerable upforce (boom and block and tackle) it was eventually coaxed out.

However in reassembly the bolt threads are not catching anything. In fact even without the block in place the bolt simply drops to the deck.

The drawing showing the crossection indicates a bent plate backer, presumably with tapped holes,

behind the fiberglass into which the stanchions and jib track are screwed. The area under this appears inaccessible behind the saloon cabinets.

The eye bolt extraction required a significant amount of up force and one could imagine there was a nut in the other end that was being held in place by the up force until fully unscrewed. An inaccessible nut does not comport with the quality of Amel design.

Has anyone had experience with this bolt? Was there a nut on the other end? Any insights or solutions?

Mike Ondra

Aletes SM#240

St. Augustine, FL