Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] anchor washdown on 1998 SM #260

john martin <symoondog@...>

Dave, The fitting for your pipe/hose connection is in the forward port locker in the top aft section. The Amel automatic system works just fine in ordinary conditions, but in real heavy muddy conditions, ie the Cheasapeake Bay, I took the conection apart and used a hose conection and a 10 foot hose with a nozzle and I use that to spray water directly on the chain. It really blasts the heavy mud off. The added benefit is you can add a 25 foot hose to the 10 ft. section and wash down the deck. Always keep the hose nozzle open when turning on the pump as the motor has no back pressure overload and will kick off the breaker in the engine room. Also as your boat is a 1998, I believe you may find that you have an extra thru hull fitting under the floor board outside of the forward head. This is for the wash down pump. I belive Amel changed that to the sea chest in later models. That is why you should always state your sm model number when asking a question as Amel cotinually evolves. If your pump is not working, make sure that the valve is opened.
John "Moon Dog" SM #248

From: "drdavegoodman" <drdavegoodman@gmail.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] anchor washdown on 1998 SM #260
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:35:00 -0000

Questions:
1: Is there a raw water filter/strainer for the washdown pump?
I have traced a hose coming off the seawater intake for the forward
head to a pump that I assume is the anchor washdown pump. Has anyone
installed a filter/strainer on this pump?
2. Is there a circuit breaker for the pump?
3. I've traced the outfow hose of the pump forward of the bowthruster
area, where the outflow hose enters part of the bulkhead just forward
of the blowthruster. I am unable to find a deck/hose fitting for a
washdown hose. Its location is probably obvious, but...
Thanks
Dave