Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Help - 5-Year Plan

James Alton

Rick,

   One example of a modification to an Amel that concerned me involved drilling lots of holes in the watertight bulkheads to run new wiring.  In this case, the boat had been converted from the original 220V to US 110 volt.  The Amels seem to  be well thought out and any modifications are best carefully considered I think.

James Alton
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220
Arbatax,  Italy

On Nov 12, 2016, at 5:23 PM, devaxmangor@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hey bob,

Was thinking through this a little deeper. In regards to owner modifications, I'm assuming you mean fundamental changes to how the boat operates correct?

There are a few modifications that I would consider as a positive when I'm looking, or making when I purchase. Here's the two that I would consider but let me know if it is a bad idea:

- solar power/dingy davit arch off the stern
- longer bowsprit (similar to Delos?)
- maybe getting rid of the dish washer - not sure that would be that important and might be better to have more storage/refrigerator???

Again, just beginning the process here so totally cool if these are bad ideas.

Thanks again.

Rick