Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] What to do with the hole...

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

The frequency of the rain hitting the ocean interferes with the reception of the signal bounced off of the ocean floor...but only when it is a very heavy rain

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Nov 12, 2016 4:46 PM, "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,
Thanks, I haven't looked for a while...I'll check it out.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why my sounder  goes out at times.  I've also had trouble keeping it calibrated to the boat (I like to have it read the depth below the keel).  It seems to, over a month or two, begin reading depth that is greater than actual.  I calibrated several weeks ago and now it reads 0 below the keel when I have over a meter.

Before my Echo failed, it was always spot on.

I've never noticed that the B&G fails in a rain.  That's weird.  Change in specific gravity of sea water that far down?  Failure or erroneous readings?

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy SM243
Caribbean Panama