Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] From: Curt Epperson: Amel Owner needs help

James Alton

Curt,

   You did say Maramu without the “Super” prefix?  If so you should have adequate water depth in the ICW if you are careful at least as far North as New Smyrna.   The fixed bridges will be plenty high for the Maramu.  You will need to open a lot of bridges on the Southern section, (some with restricted hours)  of the ICW but it will get easier as you come North.  You could leave the boat at the Titusville Marina which is just below New Smyrna while you gathered crew for an offshore run up the rest of the way, perhaps exiting at Port Canaveral.   The marina is quite protected and the rates are much more reasonable than Southern Florida.  I have a shop in Titusville and could help if needed but I will not arrive until towards the end of this month.

Best of luck,

James Alton
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220
Arbatax, Italy

On Nov 12, 2016, at 11:50 PM, sail2live@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Amel Owner needs help:

 While underway from Fajardo, P.R. to Brunswick, GA with paid delivery captain and crew, on our Maramu, Languedoc, the captain became very concerned about water in the forward bilge, from the bow thruster.

This occurred after he insisted on motor sailing at 8.3 knots with full sails, in 5-6' seas.   I explained the water was not an issue after those seas but he declared the vessel was not seaworthy and "sinking" and insisted on heading to Ft Lauderdale, and leaving the boat.  I am now stuck alone on the boat at a marina on the Indian River, with two nights dockage, trying to figure out how to get up the ICW, to Brunswick by next weekend.  I have no experience in the ICW.  Does anyone know someone who could help me move the boat north, or at least get somewhere north of here where I could get dockage for a while and sort out this mess?  I will pay all necessary transportation costs.   I really want to get out of Fort Lauderdale as soon as possible.  You can reply to sail2live at hotmail.com or call me, Curt Epperson at 509-293-0154.  Any suggestions or assistance will be most appreciated.