Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] What to do with the hole...

svperegrinus@yahoo.com

When we no longer needed the factory transducer hole under the forward cabin, we simply used the spare black plastic blanking plug that Pochon kindly left there tied to a little string.

Hull No. 350 came from the factory will all Raymarine and Furuno equipment, including:

(1) a speed transducer under the forward cabin
(2) a depth transducer under the space between the forward head and the forward hanging closet

When we updated the instruments, we installed an Airmar DST800 supplied by B&G as part of their wind/depth/speed package.  Works under all conditions, including heavy rain.  It measures depth, speed, and temperature.

Cheerio,

Peregrinus
At anchor, Venice