Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Gearbox for outhaul stopped working

Udo <udo@...>

I just did exactly that repair last week. I chose to order a motor and
gear box assembly from Amel (approx. Euro 1,500). It would have been a
nice easy swap out, except the shaft would not come out of the old gear
box. We had to press it out in the shop. After that it was pretty
straight forward. The gears were well worn in the old gear box and I am
currently looking into rebuilding it to keep as a spare. I also had
another spare motor rebuilt and that was pretty easy. If possible I
would go with new parts from Amel. I also chose to go with a new sheave
on top of the shaft, since the old one looked pretty worn and the
outhaul line was slipping. That led me to a new outhaul line and now I
am thinking of getting a new mainsail because the old one looks bad
compared to all the other nice parts.

Udo

Cloud Seven

SM # 50