Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel Maramu bow thruster service.

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

You can replace the both seals inside the boat by putting a hose clamp around the tube removing the mounting screws at the top letting the bow thruster  drop a few inches putting the new seals around the tube placing another hose clamps around the tube. The. Cut the old seals free and tap the new lip seal into place  pull the unit up attach the screws and that job is done.

Fair Winds Smooth Sailing
Capt Richard Piller
Newport RI
Cell 603 767 5330

On Nov 14, 2016, at 15:31, sail2live@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

The large upper seal on our Maramu thruster does not appear removable from above, I.e. from inside the boat.  Has anyone replaced the thruster seals on a maramu while the boat is in the water?
Out boat is a 1987 Maramu, currently in Ft Lauderdale.