Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] New sails

Ian Park

James
Sitting with feet in the bow locker gives me a better downward pull on the halliard. It also means I can ensure the leach slides up the groove without snagging any sailcloth. Plus it's comfortable and leaves Linda in the cockpit to tend the sheets and steering.
Your plan may well work. Just an addition - I don't fasten the foot of the ballooner until last. It ensures the snap fastening engages properly, and then I tension the foot which is easy to do even with the boat on course and sail full. There is a rectangular s/s loop on top of the furled to thread the down haul through a few times to get a good purchase.
I'm not on the boat yet to send a photo, but if you fastened a snap shackle to the same place you could fasten your up haul loop to it and tension the foot afterwards.
I don't know if the Maramu has this fitting, but it shouldn't be too difficult to have it welded on maybe?

Good luck.

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN96