Thanks again to Christian for his very detailed step-by-step  suggestions.

Donato
SM2000 Ocean Bird
Linton Bay, Panama

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 20 nov 2016, alle ore 10:44, Lokiyawl2 lokiyawl2@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> ha scritto:

Donato,
  The rudder is made of two halves so some evidence of a seam may be normal.  Again the Amel rudder is new to me so if an expert like Oliver responds I would be listening to him.
   Have you tried applying moderate force to turn the rudder each way (perhaps two men pushing on the rudder TE while the rudder shaft is held in some fashion) to see if what you think is a crack opens and closes as the force is applied and released?

Best,
James Alton
SV Sueno, Maramu #220
Arbatax, Italy