Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow Thruster Jack Screw on 54

Barry Connor

Hi Bob,
You can get the limit switches from Amel, or online with  RS in the UK. I just replaced mine, got them from Sonja at Amel Hyeres.
My problem was actually not just the switches, the connections from these switches were corroded by the salt humidity in the locker.
Hope this is a help. Let me know if you need something else.
Regards

Barry and Penelope
"Lady Penelope II'
Amel 54  #17
Marina di Ragusa Sicily

On Monday, November 21, 2016 3:12 PM, "hodginsbob@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

I need some help with the wiring circuit for the jack screw that drives the bow thruster up and down. I understand that the set up of the thruster on the 54 is very different that all previous models? I can hot wire 24 VDC to the jack screw motor and make it move up and down. The challenge is in the circuit that is supposed to control the motion and the lights and buzzers at the helm. The circuit has 2 limit switches and 4 relays forward, and the switches and lights at the helm. On Gallivant, I am not the original owner, and there appears to of been multiple attempts by semi knowledgable mechanics (one of them me) at fixing it, so at this point I don't know how it was built originally. The wiring diagram supplied in the Amel manual is not detailed. It does not show indicate when a relay is activated if it opens or closes a circuit, and there are no wire colors marked. Has anyone sorted this out and is there a good schematic? Does anyone know the specifics on the relay that I can buy a complete set? How about a source for those tiny fragile limit switches?
Bob Hodgins
Gallivant
Amle 54 #31
currently in St. Thomas USVI