Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] B&G 213 Masthead Unit
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sunday, November 27, 2016, 8:40 AM

Recently I lost some parts to the B&G
213 Masthead Unit. Fortunately another owner (Pat -
Shenanigans) had the parts I needed because he had recently
replaced all of his electronics including the B&G 213 Masthead Unit.
During the process of removing and inspecting
my B&G 213 Masthead Unit, I stripped the male threads on
the Masthead Mounting Bracket with the metal female securing
nut on the Masthead Unit. I remembered hearing about another
owner doing this same thing. I remembered that he had to
replace the Masthead Mounting Bracket and the attached wire
which runs through the mast. So I was prepared to do this
also.

Then, fortunately,
included in what Pat (Shenanigans) sent me I found a black
plastic threaded sleeve. I had no idea what it was, but
began looking at everything I had and realized that the
threaded part on the Masthead Mounting Bracket was actually
that sleeve and it unscrewed from the Mounting Bracket. I
assume that B&G realized that "things happen"
on a boat.

So bringing a
long story to a conclusion, now all I have to do to solve my
cross-thread issue is change the sleeve which screws onto
the Masthead Mounting Bracket and replace the 213 Masthead
Unit with one that is a combination of what I had and what
Pat sent me.

I am
attempting to upload a photo to the Album named "B
& G Mast Head Wind Instruments." Unfortunately, I
have had no luck uploading photos this week...probably a
problem with Yahoo! However, you should look at this entire
album. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/amelyachtowners/photos/albums/1976709260

I hope this saves someone some
bacon.

BillBeBe 387Currently