Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Two RCD devices triggered simultaneously

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Ian, that is an important comment. If you buy the element at a marine store, it could be hundreds of dollars/euros.

However, if you buy the element at a plumbing supply shop, it will be less than a hundred dollars/euros.

The first time I replaced mine I bought it at a marine store and paid hundreds. The second time I replaced it, I was in the Manoel Island Shipyard and they replaced it for 130 euro including labor. The element they sourced did not come with a gasket. They tried to use the old one, but it leaked. They had to repeat the installation process, fabricating a new gasket by cutting one out of gasket material. By the way, this is a GREAT yard.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Nov 28, 2016 7:46 AM, "Ian Park parkianj@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Agree. Your heating element is burned out and short circuiting. Empty the tank, remove and replace. They are only domestic items so shoulder be cheap.

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN96