From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2016 8:40 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Yanmar Engine issue

As an additional note to my March 8 post, I have installed the Yanmar 4JH80 with isolated grounds to all the sensors and alternators.   However, I have found that beginning with this year Yanmar is making their engines with an electronic ignition which requires constant power and a ground to the engine block which ob course violates Amel's isolated ground design.  The Boatyard mechanic is telling me that an isolating prop shaft coupling by Global Rubber will prevent any current from going into the water and will solve any corrosion problems.  Have anybody encountered this issue?