Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] 220V Outlets

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello John,

We modified the electrics to include 450W of solar energy.  After 1 1/2 years, we found our mods very useful… we added a 3 KW inverter in the engine bay and wired most 220 V outlets to the inverter.  Great not to fire up the genset to get a cuppa  java.  We chose a Cotek product because they are made for the commercial fishing boats and bullet proof.

GL with your new wiring.

Jean-Pierre Germain
Eleuthera SM007
Lanzarote.. leaving for Guadeloupe on 3 Dec.

On 29 Nov 2016, at 00:58, jsrogers@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

It may not be a surprise to some of you guys, but I keep getting surprised by finding new things on my SM that I did not know about.  Case in point is that I found that the 220 V outlet in the aft head is not fed from the generator or shore power as the other outlets but has its own 24V to 220V inverter behind the wall.  Have any of you found this on your boat?  I am considering running a new cable for it.

John Rogers
SM #105
It's Good
Topping, VA