Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Leaking Fuel Tank

James Alton

Joel,

   Thank you for the additional information on the Amel tanks, that is indeed helpful.   My Amel is now 29 years old and the tank seems fine,  I am sure that the workmanship and selection of materials has a lot to do with the long life.

   I removed a few gallons of fuel from the lowest point in the tank via suction to check for water accumulation and plan to do the same each season.  Are there any other steps that can help prevent corrosion in my tank internally?

Best,

James Alton
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220
Arbatax,  Italy

On Nov 29, 2016, at 3:36 PM, Joel Potter jfpottercys@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I have been told by folks at Amel and have observed that the Kirk, Euros, Sharki, Maramu, Mango , Santorin and Super Maramu all had 316L stainless steel tanks installed when built at Amel.

Hope this is helpful.

Joel F. Potter
THE EXPERIENCED AMEL GUY
954-812-2485