Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Charging AGM batteries

Bill Kinney <greatketch@...>

Lifeline recommends a float voltage setting of 26.6v for their AGM batteries. They can stay indefinitely at that voltage. Higher voltages will cook them--sooner or later.

If yours are a different brand, check with the manufacturer.

Bill Kinney
SM#160, Harmonie
On the hard, Fort Lauderdale, FL

On Dec 8, 2016, at 09:47, sharongbrown@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi,
I just came back to my boat after three months and found that my entire bank of 12 AGM batteries melted. I had left the 30A charger running. I am in the processing of replacing them with new AGM batteries (can't get anything else where I am in Grenada). I have an Amel 54 #98 with Dolphin 100A and 30A chargers. Would someone be able to advise which is the correct charge setting I should  use on these chargers for charging AGM batteries?

Thanks,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi Amel 54 #98