From: Graham Boyd
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 10:29 PM
Subject: {Disarmed} [Amel Yacht Owners] Vertical Battens on SM main and mizzen

I am about to replace the main and mizzen sail on my SM 140. I would
like to have the new sails made with vertical battens (either full
length or short ones like the Amel 54). Has anyone out there fitted
sails like this to a SM and if so is there any problems with the sails
catching during furling and unfurling or merely fitting into the masts
when furled? Has any one any recommendation of sail makers that have
fitted these sails to a SM? I am hoping that by getting some roach
into the main and mizzen this will help improve light air performance.

Graham