Fresh water accumulator

ya_fohi

Hi,

When I run a water tap the pressure drops very low until the pump kicks in. The result is that the water pressure from the tap is very up and down. This never used to happen. Looking at the pressure gauge on the accumulator, when water is being used the the pressure drops very quickly and the pump then kicks in. The cycle is probably about 3 seconds. Would any one know what the problem might be? My accumulator is a large stainless cylinder and does not seem to have a valve where one could re-pressure it (unlike the smaller ones I have seen on other boats).

Thanks,
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98