Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Illustration of the Onan Exhaust Elbow Replacement

Derick Gates SM2K #400 Brava

Based on they previous recommendations and using Alexandre's wonderful pictures I just had the Onan exhaust elbow and manifold joint examined for carbon buildup. Sure enough, the manifold side was narrowed down to the size of a large olive.  Up to the time of this examination I did not notice any diminution of the generator running characteristics, but it would have been only a matter of time.  I am so glad that it was looked after preventively.

Fair winds,

 Derick Gates

SM2K#400 Brava
Currently in Le Marin, Martinique