Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] outboard weight limit on stern pulpit

karkauai

Hi Danny, I do have that recess, but it still doesn't fit.  I guess I gave a longer lower unit than you do.
Kent

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
Panama cell: +507-61171896
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Dec 16, 2016, at 6:25 PM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS simms@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Kent,
I have the same motor as you and it does fit on the bracket and the lid closes. As I said before, with a wriggle or two. There is a round recess in the floor of the lazarette below that bracket for the toe of the motor to sit in, you have that?
Regards
Danny
SM 299 Ocean Pearl

From: "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Saturday, 17 December 2016 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] outboard weight limit on stern pulpit

I occasionally drop my outboard (a 15HP Yamaha 2-stroke) over the port rail or to put it in the aft lazarette.  Mine does not fit on the bracket in the lazarette and allow the hatch to close. It's easy to lift it up as far as it will go to the boom, then lift the lower end over the rail.  I still haven't put a block at the spreaders, I just run it over the block at the end of the boom to the portside winch on the mizzen, and usually just crank it by hand.  If I ever get around to putting the block at the spreaders, I envision lifting the boom with the same line once the outboard reaches the boom. Any reason you couldn't do that?

Kent
Kristy
SM244

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.