From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Stephan Regulinski
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 5:50 PM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Embee Striper No 1100

Eric,

If you haven't found the web site, try: www.antiqueboat.com
The Striper is found by going to the tab for the boat store and
searching for "striper". By the way, the striper is now shown as
produced by "Marshalltown" not "Embee".

Stephan

S/V Delos (SM303)

--- In amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com, "eric freedman"
<kimberlite@...> wrote:

John,
i couldn't find that website.
Fair winds,
eric
sm 376 kimberlite

--- In amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com, "John and Anne on Bali
Hai"
<annejohn@> wrote:

I have a 30amp plus a 50amp charger. They are It seems to me
programmed
sso that the 30 should be turned on first and the other after a
minute
od so to let the charge rate stabilise. The 50amp one does not
take the
volts up to 28.8 and indeed does nothing much once the volts
reach
about 27 whereas the 30amp one will take them up to 28.6.
At one time Amel told me that the output can be increased by
carefully
scraping the red locking varnish off the left hand trimmer in
the
middle and near the bottom of the board and turning it clockwise
increase the volts. I tried this and broke the trimmer...perhaps
should have asked a technician to replace the trimmer in the
first
place.
The chargers are standard models altered to meet Amel's spec. I
sent
mine back to the Reya's factory in the south of France and asked
them
to repair it and also to change it back to the standard spec.
which
they did and all has been well since. The contact is an Irish
girl
whose name is Lucy Kelly lucy.kelly at reya.com
Eric,
After spending a long time Googling I have found a supplier for
the
striper. contact louatantiqueboat.com and specify Embee Striper
Model
No 1100 for $29.99. There is a lot of help on painting the
stripes if
you enter words like false teak decks in the search box on this
site.

Would people please list the subject of their messages so that
the
search machine can do it's job.

Regards, Anne and John SM319