Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Electrolysis

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Vladimir,

My 160 liter Dessalator has bonding connections at the Low Pressure Pump, the High Pressure Pump Motor, and the Flush Valve.

Best,

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Dec 22, 2016 11:50 AM, "sonsev52@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I found that valve seats on my watermaker pump are pitted. I emailed the photos to DESSALATOR. They told me that the pitting is due to electrolysis on my boat.
Yesterday I tried to investigate that. I found that bonding system is connected with negative contacts of 24V.
Based on our forum discussions, it is not right.
Engine frame, engine, and alternator on the engine are also connected to bonding. My boat is on hard now.

Please advise.

Vladimir
SM #345 "LIFE IS GOOD"