From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: 23 December 2016 07:41
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] C-Drive Wearing Bushing and Bow Thruster seal premature failure

We used diesel to flush the Cdrive on a friends boat with the same issue, and it worked well.

Steve Davis

Aloha SM72

Martinique

On Dec 23, 2016, at 07:17, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I believe about 2-3 liters of diesel fuel will do the job. Make sure that it all drains out...2 liters in....2 liters out.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Dec 23, 2016 7:12 AM, "mshirloo@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We are now hauled out and have drained the creamy oil. I would like recommendations on how to best clean the inside of the gear box before adding the new gear oil so that we can remove as much of the water as possible. Would appreciate all thoughts as soon as possible. Thank you