Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow thruster LIFTING motor

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

One more thing. Jean COLLIN, manager at Amel Caribbean in Martinique might have that part. His mobile phone is 596 (0) 696 419 045.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Dec 29, 2016 9:39 AM, "Bill & Judy Rouse" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

Two things that may help.

First, you may find that the owner manager of lil' Budget Marine, named Guy (pronounced gi), may help you...he orders a lot if things directly from France and is a Dessalator dealer. Bring the motor to him.

Second, Andrew Lamb has bought this part in Europe and will be able to tell you more. I CCd him of this email.

I hope this helps you.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Dec 29, 2016 9:07 AM, "pjn.mccallin@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

This message from CARAMELLE #385 2003 model. Am presently anchored in the Lagoon st Martin have discovered that my thruster is not working, in that it will not move down.

Took the cover off the electrical connections box to find one of the diodes had blown.

Then , to cut a long story short traced the fault/cause to the small up/down motor. On taking it apart I found it had totally burnt out, it is solid.

Have send an urgent message to Amel/Maude but no reply to see if a new motor could be sent by courier to me in St Martin.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get it fixed? Is it made by Amel or is it made for them? any help much appreciated,thanks in anticipation, Patrick.