Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Re: Leros marina, Greece

ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@hotmail.com>

Craig and Katherine,   Thanks--looks as though we could be stuck for choice ! Nice position to be in. We are not anticipating needing any work done( famous last words...) and prefer to leave the boat shore in the winter.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Hyeres

From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of sangaris@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: 30 December 2016 12:52:21
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Re: Leros marina, Greece

The two choices on Leros are 1), Leros Marina Evros SA with it's near-to-town location and 2) the Agmar Marine SA with two locations - the Lakki Marina right in town and the Partheni Boat Yard adjacent to the airport on the north end of the island. Agmar is less expensive; their Partheni Boatyard is excellent, if a bit dusty, and you walk to the airport if you're leaving the boat. You can live aboard, with water and electric available throughout the yard and you can do your own work. We rented a nearby cottage for the two weeks we were there, rather than live aboard - great fun. As Peter pointed out they do have their own work force if you want them - my experience was they are very talented. Good chandlery, too.
Craig and Katherine, SN68 Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@..., <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote :

Hi Mohammad, Aty and Peter, 

Thanks for your replies. Crete is is on the list--the home of my great grandmother--but probably Leros first. Mohammad, I shall be interested to hear  in due course how you get on and whether there is electricity and water available ashore.

Have a great 2017,

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Hyeres

From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of 'Mohammad Shirloo' mshirloo@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: 28 December 2016 17:36:29
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Leros marina, Greece

Hi Ian;

After doing some research and asking some friends that know the area, we will most likely be leaving Kokomo in Leros on the Hard for the next 4-5 months. We have had good reports so far. We can give you more input of what we experience afterwards.

Mohammad and Aty

Amel 54 #099

B&B Kokomo

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.