Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Fridge for Santorin

Mark Erdos

Herbert,

I am not sure what is installed in the Santorin but we rebuilt our refrigerator this summer on our SM2K. We basically kept the shell and replaced the ice box condenser, thermostat and compressor. It took about a half day to remove the fridge and install the new parts and put it back in place. This way we still have the same facade wood front and did not have to do any cabinet work. We saved a considerable amount since we did not need a new box. We replace the removed parts with the same frigoboat units. The frigoboat parts come pre-charged with refrigerant and we had to only connect the condenser to the compressor with the easy connect color coded couplings (no r134a needed). The whole job was about US$1,000.

Hope this helps

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Yacht: Cream Puff

SM2K #275 - Currently cruising: Key West, FL

www.creampuff.us