Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SAMS certification?

Oliver Buhlert

Hello Porter,

we bought our Amel from the first owner without a surveyor. We didn't need one, because we met the owner a few times before and the boat was in such a perfect condition - Super Maramu 2000, built 2003-it looked like new, that we bought it directly in 2015.

We had a one day test sailing with the owner and after we bought it, he was three days with us on board to explain everything. We still have a very good contact to him.
In our case a surveyor was not necessary. It would have been different if we didn't know the owner.

We plan to be in approximately 3 days in Martinique. If we can help you, it would be a pleasure.

All the best

Oliver
SV JoEmi

Am 07.01.2017 um 18:07 schrieb portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

I'm trying to join the club!

Looking at Amels in Martinique. JP the local Amel guru says there are no "SAMS" certified surveyors.

1. Why is this important?

2. Or is it important?

3. If so how do I get an Martinique boat SAMS inspected?

4. If not important does anyone know a good surveyor for Amels in Martinique?

Quite appreciated!

Porter