Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Yanmar 75HP - Cannot go over 2300 RPM

karkauai

Hi Vlad and Dominique,
AutoProps require regular maintenance.  If you haven't done that in a couple of years, that may be your problem.  There are some other threads on this forum that discuss this vis a vis low rpm.  Just spinning the blades on the hub doesn't tell you much.  They can feel perfectly free wheeling, and still be a problem.
If you don't run your engine hard on a regular basis, you can get a serious buildup of carbon in the turbo and exhaust elbow.  That's the second place to look.
Let us know what you find.
Kent

To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Sunday, January 8, 2017 11:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Yanmar 75HP - Cannot go over 2300 RPM

Hi Dominique,
I also have 75 HP YANMAR engine 4JH3-TE. I also can't develop more than 2200-2500 RPM.
I am discussing this problem with Autoprop.  I suspect that perhaps prop provides to much torque load.
Autoprop ask me for transmission gear ratio. The label on my transmission is gone. I requested this information from Amel. I am waiting for a reply now.
Autoprop also ask me to conduct some tests. I can't do the tests now because my boat is on hard.
I will keep you posted.
Vladimir
SM#345 "LIFE IS GOOD"

On Jan 8, 2017 10:26 PM, "songhui_ma@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Happy New Year 2017

Yanmar 4JH3-TE - 3600 hours - 1500 hours maintenance. 

A New Zealand mechanic replaced the injectors with Yanmar ones I provided and sourced in the US [Niemiec] Both mechanic and my US provider confirmed that it was the correct part #. 

However and since I cannot go over 2300 RPM.
The smoke is pretty transparent neither black or white. 

I browsed the internet, got a lot of ideas, but nothing which jumped out.
I suspect it is related to the Turbo - over 2300 RPM - that I have not used much and realized I should have.   

Suggestions greatly appreciated

Thanks
Dominique 
S/V Viva 
SM #374 
Opua, NZ 

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.