From: "Vladimir Sonsev sonsev52@... [amelyachtowners]"
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Sunday, January 8, 2017 11:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Yanmar 75HP - Cannot go over 2300 RPM

Hi Dominique,
I also have 75 HP YANMAR engine 4JH3-TE. I also can't develop more than 2200-2500 RPM.
I am discussing this problem with Autoprop.  I suspect that perhaps prop provides to much torque load.
Autoprop ask me for transmission gear ratio. The label on my transmission is gone. I requested this information from Amel. I am waiting for a reply now.
Autoprop also ask me to conduct some tests. I can't do the tests now because my boat is on hard.
I will keep you posted.
Vladimir
SM#345 "LIFE IS GOOD"

On Jan 8, 2017 10:26 PM, "songhui_ma@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Happy New Year 2017

Yanmar 4JH3-TE - 3600 hours - 1500 hours maintenance.

A New Zealand mechanic replaced the injectors with Yanmar ones I provided and sourced in the US [Niemiec] Both mechanic and my US provider confirmed that it was the correct part #.

However and since I cannot go over 2300 RPM.
The smoke is pretty transparent neither black or white.

I browsed the internet, got a lot of ideas, but nothing which jumped out.
I suspect it is related to the Turbo - over 2300 RPM - that I have not used much and realized I should have.

Suggestions greatly appreciated

Thanks
Dominique
S/V Viva