From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2017 12:18 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Yanmar 75HP - Cannot go over 2300 RPM

Hi Vlad and Dominique,

AutoProps require regular maintenance.  If you haven't done that in a couple of years, that may be your problem.  There are some other threads on this forum that discuss this vis a vis low rpm.  Just spinning the blades on the hub doesn't tell you much.  They can feel perfectly free wheeling, and still be a problem.

If you don't run your engine hard on a regular basis, you can get a serious buildup of carbon in the turbo and exhaust elbow.  That's the second place to look.

Let us know what you find.

Kent