Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Raw water manifold replacement

amel46met

I made a new manifold out of PVC

On Jan 9, 2017, at 4:11 AM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I just received one from Emek made if 316ss. They make them better and cheaper than anyone. You will need an accurate detail drawing with dimensions.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Jan 8, 2017 5:08 PM, "Bill & Judy Rouse" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

316 stainless if it can be found.

On BeBe, SM 387 the green/yellow bonding wire is connected to the saltwater manifold. We do not have the refrigeration manifold.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Jan 8, 2017 5:01 PM, "mshirloo@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi every one;

We seem to have a small leak in the secondary raw water manifold ( the one that feeds the refrigerator, water maker etc.). Since ours is 8 years old and have heard of boats this age and newer developing leaks, I am going to remove both, inspect and most likely replace with stainless steel. I'd like to get suggestions on stainless grade and thickness that others have used with good results.

Also one of the techs that I was talking to recommended a zinzc to be added on the manifold. It seems an unnecessary change to me. Has any one added a zinc in this area?

Thanks

Mohammad and Aty
AMEL 54 #099
B&B Kokomo