Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel SM Capacitors

Colin - ex SV Island Pearl

Hi Bill

Despite that capacitor on the pump looking to be in good condition, I replaced it anyway but that unfortunately did not get the pump started.

Colin Streeter
Island Pearl II, Amel 53 #332
Brisbane

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 10:23 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Colin,

You have not stated the condition of the start/run capacitor on the water pump itself. That would be my first thing to check.

Let me know.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Jan 9, 2017 8:20 AM, "SV Island Pearl II colin.d.streeter@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Ben and Kent

Thanks, I have checked and replaced that small fuse in the box behind the generator before. That did not solve my problem at the time.

By the way that is a pretty dangerous box. The small little fuse looked so small that I was foolish disarmed enough to try to replace it whilst forgetting to turn off the shore power! Big mistake obviously as I got a shock big enough to throw me back off the generator I was leaning over and fortunately the earth safety switch worked. Stupid mistake and I should know better. Please anyone reading this, do not be fooled by the small size of that little fuse. The entire box is 230v not 24v!

Once I have replaced the capacitors tomorrow, and if it does not start, I will go straight back to that fuse box behind the generator......with much more caution this time!

Colin Streeter
Island Pearl II, Amel 53 #332
Brisbane

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 8:23 PM, Ben Driver joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...om> wrote:

Hi Colin
All three of my AC's shut down when salt water pump quit working.  It was a blown 5 Amp fuse in the AC control box behind the generator.

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM347
6S

On Jan 9, 2017, at 5:38 AM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...om> wrote:

HI Colin,

The water pump should go on immediately when the AC unit is turned on.

If it does not , that is why the AC units shut down.

If you have replace the pump capacitor then I believe the problem is in the relay box.

There is a box port side behind the generator that has relays . when one AC unit is turned on the pump starts.

Each AC unit has a relay in the box.

I believe there is a fuse in that box. I believe the box is the problem.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376