Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re:Maramu fuel tank

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>

In our 46 we found no access ports. We used a fuel
polishing firm to come in and pump out the tank.
Flush it and pump it again. After three flushing and
a bit of air pressue to pruge the lines ( filters line
removed and of course a change of filters and
bleeding) we got the dirt and water out. We then
installed a dual filter system so if one goes full we
can switch and keep going while we change filters..

Good luck
Richard SM 209

--- Mauro Iachelli <m_iachelli@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi maramu 48,
I'm afraid I cannot give many advices on a Maramu
46 (I think that's the right LOA), but I own an
Euros 41 in which the diesel tanks were in stainless
still nad built inside the hull without any kind of
access. When I started having some leak problems I
had to cut through the bottom of the locker covering
them to cut an access port and eventually to cut
them out of the boat. In my case I have been forced
to rebuild them in Epoxy fbg integrally to the hull
of the boat because of lack of room to fit the new
ones back in.
I hope that is not your case, anyway good luck.
Mauro
Euros #41

PS: In case you need I attached a inside plan of
the Maramu 46, showing the position of the diesel
tank.

removed]