Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Yanmar 75HP - Cannot go over 2300 RPM

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi all.
I grease my prop in water between haul outs. Not difficult
 Just have to be careful not to drop anything. Especially the little grub screws. If you have spares you won't drop any. I was doing it it what I class as cold water one time, cold fingers don't handle little grub screws well. But I had spares so didn't drop any.
Cheers
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 18:46, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners]
<amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Sorry Dominique,

Autoprop......700-1000 hours or when the bearings feel rough, they need replacing, not that difficult, but some special tools required....you can find the complete instructions online ...google Autoprop service.
Otherwise, grease the bearings of the  three blades through the removable screws,( you need a special grease nipple), every time you haul out...

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437